|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Are you a self-starter, an influencer and have a passion for evolving high-speed data communication technology? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on engineering spirit. We empower our engineer to work collaboratively supporting our customer’s next generation of high-speed data communication products. This is a great opportunity to join our team that is seeking a like-minded person to develop relationships with key technology individuals at customers to understand technology pain points and direction.
Consumer, network and datacenter applications change at an exponential pace and the Data and Devices Business Unit is at the heart of a continuously expanding connected life. Accordingly, we provide responsive, iterative and fundamentally agile capabilities and conceived, designed and manufactured to support today's demands. Our customers are building the devices and the infrastructure that is redefining what information technology means. Our products push markets and meet the ever-changing need of the evolving, more connected, data-driven world. We are enhancing the way we do business, focusing on the most important things and staying agile and responsive to the needs of a faster, more connected world.
What you will be doing…
As a system architect in our Data & Devices Business Unit, this individual will be focused on the compute and networking industry and will interface with customers in order to understand how their systems function and determine their evolving technology needs. The System Architect is responsible for generating the high-level system architecture requirements and ensuring the TE technology and product roadmaps are in line with customer next generation products. This person is required to follow and help drive strategy for key industry communication standards.
As the System Architect, a typical day may include:
- Interfacing with key OEM and other customers
- Identifying potential technology disrupters (which often requires expertise in various technologies)
- Integrating customer needs, compute industry knowledge, and business insight to create compelling visions around technology and product trends that will drive the organization forward
- Influencing executive leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to invest in new technology and products to meet the next generation needs of our customers and the market
- Working within a small geographically dispersed system architecture team to share subject matter expertise and best practices
- Being an industry subject matter expert, collaborating closely with external customers as well as internal business development, strategy and engineering development teams
- Driving high value development projects (hardware and high-speed signaling) that will require you to lead and interface with large groups
- Manage the technical cooperation with customers and coordinate TE’s internal development engineering team to assure technical and functional feasibility from the eyes of the customer.
- Ensuring we are following required industry standards while also helping to drive the strategy for new standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Having a dual bachelor’s degree in business or MBA is a plus
- 5+ years experience in compute and/or networking industry system design and related technologies
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and associated signaling environments. Technical expertise in RF engineering and design
- Familiarity with compute, networking and storage architectures.
- The geographically dispersed group requires that the candidate be self-motivating with the ability to take the initiative to accomplish tasks with limited direction
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Effectively able to build relationships with external customers and industry leaders as well as internally across all levels, disciplines, and geographies
- Ability to spend 25%-30% of your time traveling
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.