|Job Type:||Full Time|
As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
We are Poly. We make technology that powers human connection that simply works, then steps out of the way. We’re changing how the world communicates and collaborates. And we need you.
As a UC Deployment Engineer for Voice/Video, you will work as a part of a multi-site/location team to offer exceptional service delivery and support to our customers and partners. You will work on projects with medium to high scope where analysis of client requirements, post deployment troubleshooting or data requires a review of a variety of factors. You will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. This work-from-home position will include working non-standard hours, holidays and weekends, when appropriate, and some travel will be required.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a primary technical contact for delivery of Poly services supporting voice and video communications for Poly and supported third party solutions.
- Provide pre-implementation consultations to align Poly products and services to the customer use cases.
- Coordinate technical resources internally and externally as needed to complete service delivery.
- Present and communicate clearly with clients on the technical details required for Poly, Microsoft Teams, Blue Jeans, WebEx, Zoom and other third-party communications systems.
- Provide system administration and support for moves/adds/changes impacting UC voice and video environments.
- Install, troubleshoot, and upgrade software for UC Voice provisioning servers with Poly on premise and cloud-based services.
- Troubleshoot basic networking and security traversal issues that arise during design, implementation and support of UC services.
- Consult with design and implementation of third-party SIP integration with Poly on-premise and cloud-based solutions.
- Review error messages and log files to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during installation, migration and upgrades.
- Work with Tier 3 Support and Tier 4 Engineering teams to escalate customer issues and provide hot fixes.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all project and service work performed.
- Provide appropriately detailed and timely project updates to internal and external stakeholders.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant career experience in IT technical services with in-depth familiarity implementing and troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Linux and Windows Server administration.
- 5+ years of working experience with customer services in direct customer facing role.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Azure AD, current Microsoft Certifications (MCSA or higher) is desired.
- 3 years of Microsoft Skype/Lync highly desired with current certification preferred.
- TCP/IP networking skills required, current Cisco Certification (CCNA or higher) is desired.
- Experience with voice and video using SIP and H.323 standards, including experience with SIP trunks and firewall traversal.
- Experience with Session Border Controllers and Media Gateways (AudioCodes, Avaya, Sonus) is a plus.
- Ability to work maturely, engaged, independently and in a proactive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced customer focused environment.
- A people-oriented, team player attitude.
- A high degree of organization, you are detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, ability to build and maintain relationships.
Thrive at Poly because you are joining:
- A global team, united by our innovative products, making an impact toward creating amazing new ways to hear, to see, to work, and to work together.
- A company who believes a distributed workforce is the present and the future. We leverage our great products, so employees can work in an environment that makes them most connected and productive, no matter where they are.
- People who are passionate about creating excellence – for our customers, and for each other. We’re in this adventure together!
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.