Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
At Atlassian, we passionately play as a team, and are looking for a Senior Sourcing Manager who is equally as hardworking in establishing strategic relationships that can improve the value between Atlassian and our providers while delivering best-in-class procurement services. Are you interested in contributing significantly to the overall success of the company, helping build out a globally scalable procurement group, establishing sourcing strategies, and leading change? If so, we're just getting started.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Identify, acquire consensus, and lead ground-breaking strategic sourcing initiatives, following a standard strategic sourcing methodology that maximizes Atlassian's value
- Personally lead key initiatives, serving as the primary liaison between Legal, Finance, IT, Compliance, Contract Team, department business units, project managers and other key business partners in the end-to-end strategic sourcing process including category analysis, supplier selection, and contract negotiation
- Lead the planning and launch of RFIs and RFPs
- Establish positive relationships across the business units to ensure active and early participation in supplier related matters
- Provide meticulous analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to identify, prioritize, and launch sourcing initiatives
- Prepare and present category business cases
- Identify process improvements to increase efficiencies and maximize spend opportunity
- Contribute to implementation, planning, and change management of process improvement initiatives across Atlassian
- Mentor other team members and business partners on procurement standard methodologies
- Develop relationship management strategies by which suppliers are evaluated, selected and run in accordance with established guidelines and standard methodologies (RFI/RFP, Scorecards, Performance Metrics, issues/response processes, etc.)
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of strategic sourcing experience in enterprise software, running indirect spend for multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven success in sourcing, negotiating, and delivery of complex contracts, with an emphasis in software related purchases (SaaS, IaaS, and other hosting and cloud based services)
- Extraordinary relationship building skills that include experience working with and influencing senior engineering, IT, and business leaders and supplier executives
- Innovative problem solving and critical thinking skills, along with strong business insight and analytical capabilities with an ability to understand, translate, (and as needed) refine business cases for successful sourcing / vendor relationships
- Expert negotiation skills in both financial and business matters, including commercial terms for strategic contracts
- Strong communication including the ability to present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations clearly in verbal, written and presentation formats
- A proven track record to work independently with strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Project management and cross-functional team leadership
- Expertise across the full lifecycle of strategic sourcing and corporate procurement activities including sourcing strategies, RFP development & analysis, supplier selection, contract negotiations, contract preparation, and review and analysis.
- A clear ability to inspire change, handle issues, bring together disparate points of view, make decisions, gain agreement, and build consensus to deliver on objectives
- Solid understanding of legal and technology related contract terms and conditions
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, Finance, Legal, or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement policies, processes, and tools.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience with an eProcurement solution, especially Coupa, is a big plus
- ISM and PMP certification preferred
- MegaCloud provider experience is preferred
This role is in the Atlassian Procurement Team which is part of the global finance and strategy department within the CFO organization. You would be joining a hardworking and collaborative global team that is always growing, learning, and adapting. The team has a strong partnership with the business with responsibility for planning, pricing and business insights.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.