Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify an solve systemic issues.
- Utilizes tools to support data driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short and long range business requirements and recommends innovations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 8+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years people management experience
Knows in some detail services and service design
Currently coding or recently was coding within the last year or two.
Interested in starting to code or continue to code again.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.