|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment
- Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments
- Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry
- Assists with calibrating instruments and equipment.
- Maintains accurate records of tests and services performed, enters required information in the company's database
- Maintain and troubleshoot production equipment, and/or tooling
- Devises formulas to solve problems in measurements and calibrations
- Assists engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment
- Design and fabricate fixtures and tools for production
- Analyze and resolve issues with production rejects and customer returns
- May identify and recommend design, process, and quality enhancements
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Quality Manager and/or Management
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Applies job knowledge/skills and company policies/procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
- Full knowledge of job role.
- Identifies and selects the appropriate established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED or local equivalent and 2 years of related experience.
- AA Degree in related discipline or local equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and self-motivated
- Good personal computer skills. Microsoft Word and Excel especially.
- Experience is preferred in the following areas:
- Temperature or other sensors
- Electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic design & troubleshooting
- General Machining (mill, lathe, etc.)
- Welding, soldering, brazing, other wire joining techniques
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.