Last updated 12 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
"Customer Success and Agent Empowerment through Great Software"
The Customer Support Technology organization is a passionate team of engineers working diligently to unleash the potential of other Atlassians. We work closely with Atlassian's customer care teams to solve a variety of customer-centric problems and challenges. As a team, we build intelligent self-service support systems, analytics, and smart tools which help Atlassian effectively engage with customers.
As a Systems Engineer, you will work closely with our users and development team to support, maintain, and optimize our customer support platform using a variety technologies and infrastructure.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A visionary: "big picture" focus driving strategies concerning Stakeholder business and technical solutions
- A love for working collaboratively on a team with varied strengths
- Be a great listener - be able to sit in a Stakeholder planning session and distill impactful technical requirements
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises especially in light of multiple Stakeholders competing for resources in order to meet their business deadlines
- Track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery
- Attention to detail: successful history of closing loops and delighting customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences, from developers to executives
- Be able to articulate business value, ROI, and long term cost of ownership
- Represent a very complex set of asks coherently in a roadmap
- Set priorities appropriately amongst Stakeholders and Developers
- Balance deliverables based on Stakeholder needs and Development velocity and efficiencies
- Have a strong understanding of business and development process (Agile preferably)
- 8+ years demonstrating success as a PM within a globally distributed team
We'd be super excited if you have:
- Strong technical skills, technical degree or background
- History leading customer care projects
- Experience with complex enterprise customer service platforms and capabilities
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian product suite
More about our team
We are a growing team of engineers, product managers, and designers of all levels of experience. We are, above all else, driven innovators. As standard for Atlassian, we offer innovation time to tackle problems that matter the most to you. We count the reigning ping-pong champion among our numbers.
Customer Support Technology is directly involved in multiple initiatives to change the way Atlassian does business. We have the exciting opportunity to be part of transforming the company and invite you to join us on our journey.
More about your role
You will be part of the internal IT team, working directly with support analysts, developers and business stakeholders on supporting, maintaining and optimizing the systems that drive customer success and support.
You will help set the vision and drive the strategy to deliver the right balance between custom functionality and integrating best-of-breed capabilities. You will represent several stakeholders and develop roadmaps which optimize value delivery across teams. You will model IT’s role as a connecting force in the business.
You must love working collaboratively on a team with varied strengths spread across different timezones and countries.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.