|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
At Samsara, we value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions. Your team will work on building out new features and functionality for our web and our mobile platforms, and will leverage our data lake and analytics system to develop metrics and derive insights from our platform. Your team will take on engineering challenges ranging from aggregating data from thousands of sensors to presenting the data in intuitive ways that provide actionable insights for our customers’ operations.
If you are excited by the idea of working at a fast-growing company, being constantly challenged by and learning from high-caliber engineers, owning and shaping product development, and ultimately growing a world-class engineering team, we’d love to have you join our team!
This position is based in our Atlanta office.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with Product Management to prioritize feature development
- Building roadmaps, engineering plans, and schedule estimates
- Performing code reviews and ensuring proper design and delivery of major features
- Promoting best practices and establishing team processes
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Identifying infrastructure and architectural investment needs
- Coaching & mentoring software engineers
- Conducting regular 1-1s and giving performance evaluations
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- And still coding on occasion to keep your sanity
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
An ideal candidate:
- Understands the value of team culture, communication, and teamwork
- Has demonstrated experience delivering software, leading teams, and managing engineers
- Has excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Enjoys understanding users and what makes their day to day easier
- Loves shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.