|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are investing significantly in building our advanced analytics team. The Analytics team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite. This Data Scientist position will directly report to the Director of Data Science.
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our advanced analytics practice; in this position you will apply your skills to unlock opportunities and enable top strategic priorities for TE. You will be working on problems that require advanced analytics applications to create value for diverse business functions such as supply chain, pricing, Industrial IOT & digital factory implementation, digital marketing and sales growth, and will impact business units that span through multiple geographic areas.
- Lead conversations with business or functional teams to understand its processes/tools/data and define/develop appropriate data acquisition methodologies for analytics projects
- Work with and guide data engineers to acquire, cleanse, blend, and manage disparate datasets
- Be the key anchor for data extraction, preparation and hosting processes
- Ensure adherence to data governance guidelines to ensure data quality and reliability
- Data expert for datasets used by data scientists or analytics projects, able to explain business terms/concepts to technical teams
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- MBA or minor in Business, Engineering, or Finance related discipline, or relevant experience in these areas
- Strong business knowledge in 1 or 2 domains: supply chain (preferred), pricing, sales & marketing, finance, product management
- Strong communicator, experience in working and driving discussions with business teams, both at working and executive levels
- Advanced SQL RDBMS design and query building skills (Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of ETL practices
- Experience profiling, manipulating, and merging massive data set using Big Data technologies, preferably from AWS, Google, Microsoft, or Cloudera.
- Exposure to SAP ERP system, Salesforce.com, etc.
- Visualization tool experience, especially with Tableau or Power BI
- Attention to detail and logical based thinking in building, testing, and reviewing data pipelines containing multi-disciplinary information
- Data Engineering & Cloud Certifications
- Coding experience with Talend, SAP data services, or other ETL methods
- Unix or other shell scripting, and exposure to job scheduling software such as Control-M
- Experience in working with data scientists
- Strong problem solver who can invent new techniques and approaches if necessary
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.