|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Application Tooling is looking for a candidate that enjoys a fast-paced environment that includes cultural change. As a project leader, you will help execute and drive New Product Development using a global team. During status reports to management, your attention to detail facilitates the phase gate development process promptly.
Construct a project plan:
- Work with Product Manager, Sales team, Development Engineer, and the Customer to define the project.
- Create a timeline containing the critical tasks and milestones for the project and assign ownership.
- Communicate the financial and resource commitments associated with the project contract to the project team members.
Lead the project execution:
- Manage, Lead and unite global Engineering teams comprised of Development Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Business representatives simultaneously toward a common objective
- Ensure the project is “staffed for success” and escalate with management to negotiate any constraints
- Owns the project schedule and team effort to create the P&L.
- Lead weekly team meetings with team members to review the status of project tasks and discuss changes and escalations.
- Acts as a facilitator and provides training and mentorship to other professional employees.
- Identify potential risk factors that can affect projects schedule and investments and provide potential mitigation plans to resolve before becoming issues with real impacts
- First Article (FA) Follow up - Coordinate related function team to submit FA samples and get approval from internal and external customers to ensure successful project implementation.
- System Set Up - Coordinate to set up corporate systems, SAP, StarTec, Etc., to ensure successful project implementation.
- Ensure hand over to manufacture is robust and repeatable
- Obtain capital expenditure approvals.
- Document meeting minutes and action logs associated with internal and external meetings.
- Clear and concise communication with internal customers and management to present awareness.
- Ensure the team is following proper TEOA and LEANPD processes and understand the project(s) objectives to maintain focus.
- Create and maintain project documentation including timelines, action item listings and status reports.
- Resolve problems as needed to address customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 4 years of Project Management or related experience
- Proficiency in MS Project, PowerPoint, and Skype
- PMP certification preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Proficient communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of business case financials.
- Proficient in conflict resolution.
- Leader that drives cultural change.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.