|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
The Tier 1 Support Manager primarily responsible for the oversight of the subcontracted workforce providing Tier 1 support to our customers. In addition to overseeing contractor performance, you may also be responsible for managing a small team of direct Tier 1 agents and responsible for overseeing after-hours support.
Work shift will be either 12 PM-9 PM EST or 10 AM-8 PM PST, Tuesday through Saturday.
This role will initially be responsible for overseeing existing contracted relationships with two partners and accountable for their success along with assisting in strategically expanding the business into broader areas of contracting and outsourcing
In this role, you will:
- Oversee all aspects of partner relationships including contract negotiation and adherence, hiring, headcount tracking, onboarding, etc.
- Responsible for the performance of the contracted teams and workers, managing their daily performance, monitoring attendance, and ensuring the team meeting established KPIs
- Responsible for Tier 1 after-hours support which included nights and weekend support delivered by the contract workforce.
- Operate as a part of the support leadership team, assisting with daily operational details of the broader team (e.g. queue monitoring, scheduling, time-off tracking, and adjustments, etc.)
An ideal candidate has:
- B.A./B.S. required
- 5 years of support experience in a contact center environment with high phone volume
- Proven experience working with partner organizations in various types of staffing relationships
- staff augmentation
- contract to hire
- outsourcing & offshoring
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively collaborate with colleagues and interact with organizational stakeholders and subcontracted personnel.
- Experience with Zendesk and SFDC/ServiceCloud is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.