Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Seeking a Principal Quality Architect within Discover Financial Services – Business Technology. As a member of Enterprise Software Quality team, Senior Quality Engineering Architect will be spearheading Quality transformations, for releasing innovative products with quality distinction for Discover customers.
What You’ll Do
- Be a champion of Quality in SAFe value streams and architectural community of practices. Be an evangelist for engineering quality into software
- Develop overall architectural impact assessment and analysis for quality, on complex large scale pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software. Enable iterative approach to quality during each phase of systems development prior to implementation
How You’ll Do It
- Implement quality engineering activities that generally impact multiple components / processes, work of own and possibly other teams. Typically assigned highly complex, and high-risk undertakings that require expert knowledge of technology solution, coding languages and regularly require the application of independent judgement and creativity
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies for various products and applications certifying customer quality. Design QA infrastructure, establish testing specifications to provide desired functionality to technology solutions
- Collaborate with DevOps, Development and Product owners to verify the testability of the release and define strategies and best practices for all quality streams
- Contribute in Value Stream PI events to measure, manage and progress on quality engineering roadmap and delivery outcomes
- Develop a roadmap and detailed implementation plan for automation, functional, integration/E2E & performance quality engineering services for assigned SAFe value streams
- Ability to evaluate and select automation, functional and performance engineering tools for different products and applications. Provide working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions. Develop best practices, procedures and enable continuous improvement
- Establish a strong partnership with architecture, software engineering/development, quality engineers and DevOps to enabling CI/CD delivery model which is scalable and merit quality
- Provide training to Software Development Engineers, QA and architect resources on testing strategies, standards, tools and processes. Work closely with quality assurance teams and functions to help, grow and improve the test processes and skill set
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in software development and quality engineering. At least 2 years of experience as a software architect or technical product management
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience working on multiple product delivery cycles simultaneously
- Experience working in agile/iterative development methodology. SAFe experience is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with sr. management for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
- Experience with technology eco-system that supports end-to-end micro service architecture, such as, APIs, message queue, container, service registry/discovery etc.
- Strong programming skills, primarily in Java. Experience in multiple programming language is preferred
- Experience in using the automated tools for end-to-end product architecture and technology stack in a CI/CD setting
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Experience with browser or client side monitoring/analysis tools ( e.g. Gomez, Firebug, Web page test)
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Exposure to technologies Micro Services, Cloud Native development, Cloud powered data analytics.
- Working knowledge of REST, RPC service patterns and web sockets and other client/server interaction models is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.