|Job Type:||Full Time|
Poly is seeking a skilled camera test engineer to help drive camera and imaging development of Poly’s collaboration products. As a key member of the collaboration BU engineering organization, you will be responsible for testing and evaluation of the camera hardware and video image quality, including both device-level and application-level performance. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record as an individual contributor in testing of camera/imaging systems. Knowledge of industry-standard camera image quality objective metrics and test protocols is required.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct objective image quality assessment of camera module prototypes and camera products, including MTF, exposure, dynamic range, color, AWB, noise, distortion.
- Process and analyze image quality data to evaluate performance vs. product requirements, service provider specifications, and competitive benchmarks. Prepare reports of assessment.
- Work closely with colleagues on camera engineering team to improve camera design, complete root-cause analysis of image quality issues, and drive new product development.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- You have a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Optical Engineering, Physics or related engineering field
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience, including at least 2 years of experience in image quality or camera testing
- You have experience with one or more of the following: MTF/SFR testing, camera color balance/colorimetry measurements, image noise measurements.
- You have foundational knowledge of video image quality evaluation and tools.
- Experience with image test software (e.g. Imatest) and/or digital image processing (e.g. Matlab image processing toolbox) is strongly desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight schedules is essential
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team is important for this role.
- Must be highly self-motivated with impeccable teamwork credentials