About the role
Abcam is looking for an innovative and goal driven Head of New Product Development operations. Successful candidate will be a strong leader that is passionate about contributing to the growth and development of the next generation scientist. We are looking for a candidate that can lead the new product development pipelines and generate high quality research reagents. This professional will possess a strong background in immunology and molecular biology. The successful candidate will be expected to lead large, multi-disciplinary projects, manage multiple levels of scientists, and contribute to strategy and project planning.
This role reports to the Director of New Product Development.
- A Ph.D., or equivalent experience in immunology, molecular biology or closely related discipline with 10+ years relevant experience in an industry laboratory setting
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategy execution for the generation of recombinant antibodies using multiple antibody discovery platforms, experience with traditional antibody development and display based methods required.
- Maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theory in antibody discovery and development
- Oversee a multi-disciplinary team to deliver on specific individual and corporate objectives within target timeframes.
- Train and supervise team-mates across multiple teams, including cell sciences, antibody discovery & screening and antibody validation.
- Analyze data, write reports and present results and project assessments to Senior Management
- Automate processes as needed to increase efficiency.
- Work in collaboration with Research and Technology development and Manufacturing to transition technology, projects and products as needed.
- Identify critical factors and steps that impact the overall success of a pipeline and work with Technology development to generate a plan to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success
You have 10 or more years’ experience successfully generating products that have impacted the scientific community. You have a deep understanding of Immunology, and Molecular Biology. You have expertise in multiple antibody discovery technologies.
You excel in pipeline planning, management and execution. You will be comfortable being the intellectual leader and be confident to influence and engage stakeholders to reach common goals. You exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills. Prioritization and time management are some of your strong points, as is multi-tasking.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
You will be joining Abcam at an exciting time of growth and innovation!