About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our quality control team that tests ELISAs made here in Eugene. This role is a 3-6 month contract position to cover one of our Senior Research Associates while they ensure the success of a critical business transformation project. The research associate reports to an excellent mentor who is an Associate Scientist that leads a team of 7 product testers. This role provides an excellent opportunity to work on a dedicated team while gaining career building technical skills.
- Perform documented methods required for finished product quality testing
- Review manufacturing documentation for process deviations
- Communicate analyzed results in detailed written reports.
- Maintain archive of control sample inventory required for product testing
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with Abcam's Global Quality Standards.
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, or closely related discipline
- Experience running immunoassays
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office lab equipment
- Lab setting 80%
- Office setting 20%
- BSL2 lab
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.