|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Engineering Technical Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the Engineering organization – to partner with Engineering, Product Management & Customer First teams to build and deliver key products, projects and programs. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You are able to develop and drive high-level initiatives, but can also dig in and get the job done employing both strategic and tactical approaches to solving problems.
The qualified candidate will have strong TPM experience, practiced in Engineering process development and implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The role requires an individual who is driven, self-motivated and has demonstrated commitment in taking accountability and responsibility for the success of large programs with ambiguity and competing priorities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Program manage various initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering and Product Management; provide guidance to Scrum Masters.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows, to benefit Engineering teams or cross-organizational initiatives, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Minimum 8 years of technical program management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs.
* Minimum 10 years of technical project management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver.
* Experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering teams to deliver customer-facing features.
* Minimum 4-6 years hands-on Scrum Master experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
* Strong leadership skills; Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts.
* Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers.
*Experience working in a startup environment desired.
*Self-starter; able to work well in a ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment.
* Comfortable working on multiple programs at once.
Education and Training:
* Bachelor’s degree
* Training in Agile and Scrum
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer