|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Title of Job: Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Role Location: Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA) (remote eligible)
Reports to: Sr. Director, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the bets technologies for their business. Over 8,950 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identified of their workforces and customers.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta is seeking a top tier candidate to tackle the Company’s technical accounting and SEC reporting and complexities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a very strong interest in U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations and internal controls and who thrives in an exciting environment with minimal supervision. This role is an individual contributor initially reporting to the Sr. Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting, but with day to day responsibilities assigned and managed by both the Manager, SEC Reporting and Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support all close and SEC reporting related activities;
- Populate and assist in preparing the period financial statements (10-K and 10-Q) and related footnotes, other SEC filings (e.g. Form 8-K, Form S-8, and proxy statement) and reporting packages;
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules and documentation for the financial statements and own tie-out process, including ensuring that analyst presentations and other materials are consistent with SEC filings;
- Implement and maintain compliance with SOX, including documentation of processes and procedures for external reporting and other functions;
- Assist in research of accounting standards, especially as they relate to disclosure requirements;
- Partner closely with the operational GL accounting team, FP&A, and legal to properly assess the impact of signficiant transactions for financial statement disclosure;
- Assist in the documentation of company accounting policy manual;
- Prepare the monthly cash flow statement; and
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as assigned
- High-tech industry experience preferred, but not required.
- 4+ years relevant work experience; Big 4 experience is required, direct experience on external reporting and technical accounting responsibilities with a public company is required; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent designation is required. Candidates in final stages of qualification will also be considered;
Know, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience solving, documenting, and appropriately communicating technical accounting issues;
- Previous experience with Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form S-8, Form S-3, proxy statements, prospectuses, etc.;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with NetSuite and Workiva a plus;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines, all while maintaining exceptional attention to detail;
- Exhibits pride of ownership and sets and adheres to uncompromising quality standards for deliverables;
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.