Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for managing an experienced team aimed at developing a highly efficient, scalable, and low-defect process for originating home equity loans. The role provides strategic and tactical direction for operational activities with a focus on increasing application conversion, improving quality of production and the customer experience, identifying process efficiencies, and ensuring compliance with relevant policies and regulations. Additionally, the position interfaces actively with field operations, technology, and corporate risk functions to ensure seamless implementation of change initiatives. Works under minimal supervision.
- Set and manage to key operational metrics, and identify opportunities by leveraging analytical insights to improve conversion, cycle time, productivity, customer satisfaction, and costs per unit.
- Continually improve acquisition and onboarding processes to deliver a differentiated customer experience.
- Engage with internal (Product, Field, Web Infrastructure, Legal, Business Risk and Business Technology, etc.) and external business partners (including vendors), at all levels, to formulate actionable solutions to business problems.
- Coordinate with internal Customer Experience and Incident Management teams to resolve and diagnose root causes of unexpected issues and incorporate lessons learned into ongoing processes.
- Establish and execute detective and preventative controls to ensure a compliant and well-functioning operation.
- Staff and motivate a highly talented team and ensure alignment of the team to high-priority high-impact initiatives.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of policies, procedures, process maps, control descriptions, systems development requirements, training and other materials related to assigned processes.
- Be primary contact for internal audits and compliance reviews; develop and execute action plans against any related findings.
- Oversee certain change management activities and assess processes for control gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Develops and implements strategies to meet business goals.
- Manages legal, compliance, and audit processes for the team.
- Manages and develops a team, including hiring, performance evaluation, and development decisions.
- Monitors and maintains systems and decision integrity to minimize adverse impacts on customers.
- Enhances system capabilities to improve decision making and operation effectiveness and efficiency.
- Plans, initiates, prioritizes, and oversees projects to meet business needs.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years Financial Services Operations experience
- 2+ years People management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of Mortgage experience
- 2+ years of Management Consulting experience
- Demonstrated success in driving automation and process improvement initiatives in operations
- 10+ years of experience in Consumer Finance, Analytics, Operations Strategy/Research, o related field.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.