|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Project Manager will plan, execute, and control the development of strategic new products and processes within the Global Appliances Organization. This role will interact with global stakeholders and the successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate and motivate local and global teams, influence global stakeholders (TE internal as well as external customers and suppliers), and cause large projects to be profitably developed and successfully deployed.
- Overall responsibility for successful project execution to meet project charters and customer requirements.
- Leadership: Excellent cross functional NPD leadership ability that leads our global TE project members to high performance and represents to our customers and suppliers the highest integrity, a positive attitude, technical competence, a strong work ethic, and a high level of project management professionalism.
- Communications: develop the project communication plan, lead weekly project reviews with TE global teams, customers and suppliers, hold periodic internal project reviews as needed, report & escalate appropriately, and manage and influence stakeholder expectations
- Customer management: perform integrated change management control including establishing the change management procedure, maintaining the risk register, and getting payment from customers for agreed upon changes
- Supplier Development Management: Key contributor to supplier selection process through evaluation of product development capability. Develop new and existing suppliers to meet the expectation of TE and our customers. Ability to influence the expansion of their capacity and capabilities as needed to support the TE business.
- NPD Process: Develop and follow LEANPD process and control documentation for Power and Signal new product development.
- Cost control: manage the project expenditures to stay within budget and ensure that the cost performance metrics are met.
- Planning: Lead and develop effective cross functional project planning and management including the core areas of requirements management, project integration, timing, costs, risk management, communications, project quality, human resources, procurement planning, and scope
- Risk management: effectively create, monitor, and control risk management plans
- Technical leadership and problem solving: create and maintain a technical team environment (including customer technical resources) where decision points are quickly identified, reviewed, analyzed, and decisions made while building teamwork and commitment to the project and maintaining project schedule
- Economic analysis: conduct as needed analyses in support of project control, alternatives evaluation, variance analysis, cost models, etc.
- Resource management: effectively lead project teams and allocate resources as needed
- Sales: Support sales and product management team in the quoting process with cost & cycle time calculations, technical presentations, and achievable machine delivery schedules.
- B.S. in Engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to effectively work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- 10+ years of experience in new product development management
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Consumer electronics product background or connector/ sensor industry experience a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Graduate degree in engineering or business a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.