Last updated 14 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the strangest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), this job is for you. Atlassian is a fast-growing software development company, and the Support team is ever-evolving its focus to help scale with the business. We're on the lookout for Support Engineers to join our growing team that are serious about pursuing one goal: Making our customer experience awesome! Are you the go-to person for technical support when nobody else knows what to do? Do you have relationships with customers where they ask for you by name? Here at Atlassian, we help teams turn ideas into reality with our world-class collaboration tools, and we're looking for exceptional Cloud and Server Support Engineers to help us grow.
We’re looking for engineers that have a strong degree of empathy for the customer's experience. You’ll need superb communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone, or screen-shares. You will also need strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks with varying levels of priority.
You should have a passion and curiosity with regard to all things technical, including the following experience:
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
- Experience troubleshooting cloud-based applications or web applications or software products
- Experience in handling complex customer issues and customer escalations
We're looking for experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Good understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux, OS X, and/or Windows)
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with SSO, SAML, IdP, Active Directory, LDAP or other directory information services
- Experience with REST calls, APIs and API Troubleshooting
- Understanding of networks and relevant terminologies: LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSI, NAT, DHCP, DNS, TLS/SSL, Routing Protocols
- Understanding of proxies, load balancers etc
- Understanding and supporting Java apps
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies
- Experience with Splunk is nice to have!
- Scripting in the language of choice
- Experience analyzing network traces using tcpdump or tools such as Wireshark
- Experience with Atlassian products is nice to have!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.