|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The TE North America Wireless Team is looking for an entry level “hands-on” RF engineer to join their team in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The NA Wireless Team develops antennas primarily in the 0.5 MHz – 8 GHz range for the transportation industry. Development is done both at the component level and whole vehicle level.
Initial responsibilities include:
- Assisting senior staff with antenna design/development and drawing review/release
- Securing components and building antenna prototypes
- Making S-parameter and antenna pattern measurements on prototype antennas and preparing reports
Future additional responsibilities include:
- Antenna design including simulation, assembly, tuning and testing
- PCB layout (for antennas)
- Working with customers to coordinate antenna designs
- Love for learning, both independent and with a mentor, both inside and outside his/her area of expertise
- Experience with and enjoyment of “hands-on” work using tools and test equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with an electromagnetics emphasis
- Experience using MATLAB
- Experience using vector network analyzer to make S-parameter measurements
Qualifications – Desired but not required
- Experience with antenna design and making antenna pattern measurements
- Experience with electromagnetic simulation software like HFSS, FEKO or Microwave Studio
- Experience with PCB layout software
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups