|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Product Managers are responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara’s vision. Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
We’re looking to add a Product Manager who will help us delivers the gateways and sensors that underpin our cloud dashboard experiences. You'll gain a deep appreciation for customer challenges across multiple industries and lead the charge as we launch new products and continuously optimize them to deliver best-in-class performance.
In this role, you will:
- Gather feedback and research market trends to understand customer needs and drive prioritization across our hardware, firmware, and cloud dashboard engineering teams
- Define success metrics that track performance against customer needs and enable the organization to make data-driven decisions through the hardware development cycle
- Partner with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts and resolve customer escalations
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- At least 1-3 years experience in a product management role
- Strong technical understanding, with the ability to establish credibility with engineers and occasionally be able to get hands-on
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field preferred but not required. MS, PhD, or MBA also preferred
- Experience and comfort working on technical, hardware-based products
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.