|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently seeking a Director of Employee Relations to build and lead our Employee Relations (ER) function. As the first ER role on the People Team, this role will be responsible for developing the ER strategy, policies and programs and for hands-on management of ER issues. This role will work closely with the People Business Partners, Legal and Compliance teams to promote ethics, values and accountability in the workplace and to respond appropriately and fairly to ER concerns. The Director of Employee Relations will report into the VP of Talent Management on the People Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, build and implement best in class ER policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures in guiding, consulting or reviewing complex ER concerns while leveraging expertise of other stakeholders.
- Take the lead on investigating highly sensitive ER issues, and make objective recommendations based on findings. This includes conducting investigative interviews resulting from any ER issues/complaints, and collecting and maintaining evidence and interview notes, and preparing an investigation report.
- Formally respond to sensitive concerns and allegations as required by internal processes and/or external agencies.
- Act as the advocate for ER with a focus on enhancing the awareness and practices of leaders and managers.
- Act as the People Team lead in partnership with the People Business Partners for any reorgs that occur within the Company.
- Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of ER programs and trainings with Legal and the COEs to deliver effective solutions.
- Guide and coach People Business Partners and managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex ER issues.
- Partner with team members throughout the People organization to communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Develop and monitor regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure ER metrics are quantified and outcome driven. Able to identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of core People programs.
- Leverage best practices and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Understand the client groups, strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role.
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and rolling up your sleeves
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Viewed as a resource for advice and guidance by peers and senior leaders.
- Good understanding of matrix structures and politically savvy.
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a confidential environment.
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients and mentor HR colleagues.
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
- Strong experience working with technology companies.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting international employees and locations.
- Experience coaching and mentoring others in an informal or formal setting.
- Experience working on various HR programs/projects.
- Experience in a growing, global software development environment is preferred.