|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position is in the Intellectual Property Law group and is responsible for assisting IP attorneys with domestic and international patent filings. Candidate must be diligent, organized, reliable/committed, highly motivated and proactive, a pleasant individual with meticulous attention to detail and a professional personality.
- Provide accurate due date and information management of in-coming correspondence from patent offices, including the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), European Patent Office (EPO), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and various foreign patent offices.
- Desirable to have experience in formatting, proofreading and assembling formal documents for U.S. filings and convention/foreign filings through paper and electronic submissions, both directly and through agents
- Prepare formal papers for required correspondence and/or responses to pending actions (e.g. IDS, Amendments, RCEs, Continuations, Issue Fees). Prepare and maintain client-specific patent status charts reflecting progress and pending prosecution.
- Significant work with and ideally administering Database/Software Systems, preferably CPA Memotech, CPi or similar system, used in an IP law department
- Other office/administrative skills, including agility in Microsoft Office, Concur travel/expense reporting, and general other administrative support
- Desirable to be notary
- 3+ years experience in patent docketing, patent prosecution support for filing and administration of US and international patent/IP portfolios in either private law firms or in-house corporate law departments;
- Two to four-year degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred;
- Technology savvy with an ability to actively learn and utilize software applications. In particular:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience with IP Management (CPA Memotech, CPI, etc.) and eBilling/Matter Management applications preferred
- Experience with patent office databases, such as USPTO and Espacenet databases
- Advanced internet research skills a plus.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to handle tasks efficiently and independently, with limited supervision;
- Able to multi-task and respond to changing priorities;
- Able to work in a small-team collaborative work environment, be willing to assist/support others, think creatively and take initiative.