|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Title of Job: Lead Internal Auditor
Role Located in: Remote
Reports to: Director, Internal Audit
As an Internal Audit Lead you will be participate in the full audit cycle including identifying and assessing risks, developing and executing audit programs, and reporting to audit and business management the results of these activitiesThis position will be reporting to the Director of Internal Audit and will work closely with Legal, Finance and other cross functional stakeholders. We’re looking for a strong individual eager to join a small, growing team within a company continuing to experience rapid growth and expansion.
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com .
- With guidance from the Director of Internal Audit plan and execute operational audits across all business functions including, assessing risks, designing audit programs, executing fieldwork, and writing audit reports.
- Closely partner with legal, finance, and other cross functional stakeholders to develop appropriate remediation actions as necessary based upon audit results.
- Conduct thorough root cause analyses for deficiencies, including associating the causes with business problems that permitted the issue.
- Identify and recommend best practice solutions to business processes that require improvement.
- Exercise judgment in executing operational objectives and direction in assignments, including risk assessment, scope, and fieldwork/testing, and reporting.
- Build strong relationships with, interview and gather information from management regarding business risks and corresponding internal controls. Offer value-added control recommendations to management when identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and 4-6 years experience in public accounting or internal audit.
- Big 4 or similar auditing experience is desirable.
- Proven ability to plan and execute audit programs, focusing on the critical risks and an appropriate testing strategy.
- Experience with cloud-based or software as a service (SAAS) companies is a plus.
- Experience conducting IT audits or IT control testing is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to present to business stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Work will be largely remote so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success.
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on the critical few.
- Solutions oriented, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to “get it done”.
- Ability and desire to work hands on in a evolving, fast-paced environment.