|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Are you a problem-solver, go-getter, and have a passion for working closely with customers in solving their problems? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on experience. We empower our managers to work collaboratively supporting our customers’ programs. This is a great opportunity to join TE’s Industrial Solutions Business Unit that is seeking a like-minded person for our Global Board Connectivity Product Management team. The position will manage Industrial Board Hybrid products in North America.
As part of the Board Connectivity team, the Product Manager will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
The Product Manager provides the guidance and foresight to point the engineering product development activity in directions that ensure desirable leading-edge products are developed now and into the future. Driving growth in new markets, this role is seen as an integral part of our business plan over the next 5 years and beyond. We have an aggressive sales strategy to tackle new markets and this role will provide the strength to work with customers and the business to develop, design and produce products that meet their needs. This role is measured on ability to achieve target: Revenue (growth), Profitability: SMI / Operating Income, Productivity (cost-out & platforming), Road mapping, New Product Revenue, and S&OP Score (delivery performance, inventory & lead-time, forecast accuracy).
As a Product Manager, typical responsibilities may include:
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment–specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy
- Design go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
- Manage the product lifecycle
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks.
- Establish pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
- Be the opportunity champion for PAC projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong business acumen and a good technical aptitude
- Strong customer facing skills – building relationships, handling negotiations and selling
- Previous experience in Sales, Marketing, Product or Manufacturing Management
- Considerable experience working with the product technology, processes or market
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to influence/direct cross-functional teams located at international manufacturing sites
Nice to have:
- Experience in the field of Electrical Connectors or Components is a strong plus
- Deep and broad knowledge of the TE’s technology and product portfolio and the markets/customer they serve, or ability to learn
What TE Connectivity offers…
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more…
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups