|Location:||Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Managers manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Management, Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining projects through hosting work-shops or other idea generating processes, creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes and TE’s core values. Candidate should also have solid experience in Design to Value and Value Methodology aspects to VA/VE.
Construct a project plan
- Works with and influences various engineers, product managers, procurement, operations, and our customers to define VA/VE (Value Add/Value Engineering and) or other sustaining engineering projects as assigned or developed.
- Create timelines containing the critical tasks and milestones for the project and assign ownership across a matrix organization.
- Communicate the financial and time commitments associated with the project contract to the project team members and report out to upper management as needed
- May also work in conjunction with Operations to plan or to execute Operational Material Productivity (OMP) Projects.
Lead the project execution
- Lead periodic project team meetings with core team members to review the status of project tasks and discuss changes and escalations.
- Prepare reports, presentations, data mining capabilities and drive conclusions for multi-level, cross-functional management reviews
- Primary contact within the Americas region for VA/VE activities, periodically reporting out to global audiences representing the region
- Acts as a facilitator and provides training and mentorship to other professional employees on the team for Design to Value and Value methodologies of VA/VE.
Communicate with customers
- Meet with external customers on an as needed basis to communicate project status and discuss issues related to the project.
- Communicate and negotiate with internal customers to ensure that they are aware of projects affecting them and understand their role in the successful execution of the project and secure goal alignment
- Work closely with PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Team to ensure timely customer approvals and closures of projects
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree. Degree in engineering is preferred – other technical or business degrees considered
- VMA (Value Methodology Associate) and/or CVS (Certified Value Specialist) certification(s) preferred, or willing to immediately pursue
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred (can be part of development plan)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of VA/VE or Project Management, or related experience
- Very Proficient with MS project, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Power BI, Salesforce.com, TEBIT
- Self-starter, Multitasker, Presentation skills, Organized. Able to work with ambiguity and changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Moderate Understanding of business case financials and ability to communicate in business terms
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.