|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Vice President, Market & Pricing Strategy has the responsibility for driving our new product introduction (NPI) launch process and pricing strategy. The candidate will be comfortable diving deeply into data to inform how, when and why we launch both organic and inorganic products and capabilities, whilst making the process repeatable across functions. They’ll also dive head-first into ensuring that monetization needs are met for customers, financial objectives and that product requirements are aligned to this approach. You are excellent at working with cross functional stakeholders and counterparts across product management, product marketing, sales and beyond.
This is an opportunity to work closely with Okta’s executive team while driving an important piece of rhythm of the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead pricing initiatives across all of Okta’s product lines.
- Build an exceptional pricing strategy, launch and market research team.
- Own Okta’s recurring organic launch process in collaboration with product management and product marketing.
- Drive Okta’s inorganic launch incubation process along with the M&A integration team to ensure we’re best positioned to launch acquisitions excellently.
- Work with Okta’s executive leadership to define, launch and drive strategic pricing and launch initiatives.
- Develop insights and go-to-market recommendations through customer segmentation, price sensitivity analysis, testing/experimentation, etc.
- Work with the sales ops team to drive the operational implementation of pricing, discounting approaches and reporting.
- Lead market research to inform our feature and organic expansion roadmap, informed by a deep understanding of our products, markets and buyers.
- Analyze investment options with product leaders, and inform investment decisions backed by data.
- Drive the bi-annual product planning process for the product organization.
- Work across teams to develop prioritized approaches to our product and GTM investments.
- Drive quarterly business reviews for the product organization.
- Lead market strategy related activities including gathering inputs, analyzing markets, creating prioritization frameworks and driving KPIs and reporting for the product organization.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10-15 years of proven leadership experience in product management, product marketing or pricing strategy roles.
- Experience building at-scale launch and pricing strategies for market-leading technology companies.
- A data driven and analytical approach to help inform prioritization and ideally you’re an expert in statistical analysis.
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to persuade and motivate at every level of the organization.
- The ideal candidate would have enough technical acumen to be dangerous, as they’ll be working frequently with product and engineering leaders.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.