Last updated yesterday
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy Customers convert to paying Customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 120,000+ customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more pro-actively engage with our customers through "Smart Touch" - specific, value-added outbound engagements that will lead to higher conversions and incremental bookings throughout the Customer lifecycle.
The Deal Desk Analyst will play an important role in supporting the “high touch” sales motions that complement the flywheel. This position will support the deal process for our complex transactions (Enterprise License Agreements (ELAs), MSAs, and M&A deals) from contracting to booking. In this role, you will strategically partner with our Field Operation teams, Legal, Finance, Partners and Customers to structure proposals, quotes, and contracts in support of our high touch sales motion.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Own the end to end Quote-to-Cash process from quoting to contracting, provisioning and invoicing for all Atlassian products including M&A products.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Revenue Accounting and Legal to review or address revenue recognition concerns for non-standard negotiated deals.
- Perform month-end and quarter-end Deal Desk closing activities across all Atlassian entities to ensure completeness and accuracy of contract packages.
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable and Billing team to ensure timely handover of invoice creations and review of credit worthiness.
- Responsible for creating sales orders in ERP/Billing system and be comfortable with the Order Management aspect of the role.
- Develop a strong understanding of all Atlassian entities business model and product offerings.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on Atlassian business, operation, and revenue policies for ad hoc troubleshooting of deal issues.
- Generate and manage approval workflows for contracts as requested by the Field Sales team.
- Identify and support process improvement efforts to streamline current procedures.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS/BA in Business, Finance/Accounting, Economics, or a related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Sales Ops, Deal Desk, Order Management and/or Finance Ops
- Experience with Direct and Channel sales ecosystems
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task to tackle large volume of deal requests.
- Understanding of software revenue recognition standards
- Salesforce and NetSuite experience
- Docusign experience
- Panda Docs, SpringCM, or similar Contract Management tools experience a plus
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Good communication skills
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.