|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Core Process Engineering Team significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the key element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
- Participate on NPI teams, suggesting design optimizations to help steer the product design to achieve lowest cost and highest manufacturing efficiency
- Work with the Project/Product/Costing Management teams to manage project prioritization, design, capital expense
- Work with receiving teams within the operations locations to ensure lessons learned and VOC improvements are ongoing for delivered processes
- Own plastic injection molding manufacturing process for production line
- Support new program launch development efforts for new products, product extensions, and equipment releases into the plants
- Participate in product and equipment design reviews for the purpose of developing a robust product and manufacturing process
- Tooling Improvements and enhancements of molds
- Ensures that the processes run by the manufacturing team are performing at the designed efficiencies
- Support equipment troubleshooting efforts as they arise with the ability too efficiently and independently work with global suppliers
- Maintain and/or support all related process documentation including Quality documents, repair logs, manuals, drawings, and procedures
- Participate/Lead engineering process audit
- Must be able to work and act in a professional manner with all levels of associates and interface with customers/suppliers as required
- Reports / feedback to our TESS Global Mold Expert, in order to maintain the technology up too date and constantly improve Design Guide Lines for DFM purpose. (DFM = Design For Manufacturability)
- DFM approval: All the DFMs must be approved before moving forward.
- Mold flow simulation.
- New & existing mold validation: Both component and the mold itself .
- Lead time follow up: To help coordination between the vendor and TE to make sure the delivery of the mold on time. Activity is led by CTM
- Acceptance criteria alignment: To communicate with the vendor to let them understand/hit TE’s requirement.
- Trouble shooting: To support the problem resolving caused by mold.
- Plastic mold vendor selection: To support the vendor selection for a new mold building from the technical view.
- Advisor/consultant on the mold change: To provide a professional advice/suggestion on the product change which could potentially cause the mold revise.
- Plastic mold vendor evaluation: To participate the annual vendor performance review/rating from the technical point of view.
- Quotation of plastic mold review: To be playing a interface between SE/vendor and engineering for the quotation review.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Mold Engineering or similar
- Ability to understand customer’s drawings and specifications
- Suggest plastic materials which will meet customers’ requirements
- Ability to create preliminary Mold cavity design from customer models
- Suggest product changes to simplify Mold design & reduce Mold cost
- Plastic injection mold experience/knowledge
- Proven experience in insert Molding and sensors encapsulation (hall effect, MR- any sensitive sensing element)
- Mold flow simulation software – Moldex 3D is a plus.
- Molding process creation for 1st Mold trials
- Molding process optimization
- Use DOE Tools for Mold process validation
- Plastics material selection based on requirements
- Liaise with Mold tooling suppliers
- Complete Mold design reviews with tooling suppliers
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment - preferably Automotive
- Demonstrated success in delivering process innovation development projects
- Familiar with Automotive manufacturing standard, Lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts
- Previous experience with CAD, tool and/or machine design, Solidworks experience preferable.
- Ability to work within a multicultural engineering management team
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in English language
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.