|Location:||Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
- Develop new product designs or adapt and reconfigure existing product as product family extensions for use in new applications, as part of a cross-functional team and in accordance with the corporate product development process.
- Provide product engineering support to ensure smooth launch of new products and efficient manufacturing transition into the production plants.
- Develop and execute relevant product validation test plans as required, in close consultation with customer(s), the engineering team and central test lab.
- Support engineering activities related to tool transfers, manufacturing capacity implementation or localization of manufacturing footprint for product lines, as required to maintain TE’s competitive advantage in the market.
- Identify opportunities and help devise plans for execution of cost saving ideas and continuous improvement cycles, to provide design or manufacturing process advantage.
- Provide technical support, root cause/failure analyses and problem-solving assistance on manufacturing or quality issues related to product design intent, function and application.
- Collaborate closely with production plant personnel to help address product or process issues, customer complaints and field issues , as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years professional working experience in the Automotive Industry .
- Broad knowledge of Automotive inter-connection industry standards/systems, design practices, materials, and manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Proficient in CAD application PTC Creo /ProE for generation of 2D drawings (with GD&T standards) and 3D solid models.
- Experience using engineering tools such as Tolerance stack up analysis, DFMEA, 8D,
- 5 WHY, fishbone diagram etc.
- Working knowledge of CAE simulation tools such as ANSYS for structural and electro -thermal analyses is helpful.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize issues and make intelligent, timely decisions independently or in coordination with other cross-functional teams.
- Good communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Experience with MS Office software suite.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.