Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements.
- Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
- Deliver technology solutions that support Discover Bank's business strategic goals.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to transform and increase team’s efficiency, automation and quality of its applications.
- Integrate software engineering best practices into team’s culture.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Technical experience/skills that will make you successful:
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in designing, developing and implementing front-end applications, distributed systems in Java/J2EE and ReactJS
- Extensive experience in Spring, APIs, micro services, web services, testing automation, CI/CD and secure coding standards
- Proven experience with Jenkins, Gradle, GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus, Hoverfly, Junit, Cucumber
- Experience with Cloud Foundry (PCF), AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Strong communication (verbal and written), collaboration, analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude and behavior]
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.