|Job Type:||Full Time|
Domain Finance Manager
Are you looking to grow your finance career at Microsoft? Do you want to join a high-performing team that works hard to cultivate a positive team culture while driving meaningful business impact? Join the Worldwide Services finance team charged with supporting Microsoft’s Global Services business. Microsoft Services plays a critical role in helping large customers realize the value of the Microsoft products. The Worldwide Services Delivery Finance team is responsible for driving impactful insights directly with Services business leaders. The transformative journey requires strong finance talent that can think strategically and communicate confidently with insightful analysis that can shape the future of our business.
The Worldwide Services Delivery finance team is looking for a Finance Manager to assist in all financial activities across the WW Domains. If you love challenges, have a passion for results, and have demonstrated leadership, cross-group collaboration, and business analytics, we want you.
In this role you will be an integral member of the Worldwide Services Finance team responsible for a variety of core deliverables and serve as a key financial resource for the WW Services finance team.
- Performance Management
- Manage financial and non-financial Domain engagement metrics and evaluate margin and metric performance by Domain
- Ensure all required reports are available and accurate for established rhythm of business meetings with stakeholders
- Budgeting and Planning
- Provide key margin information to budget holders by reviewing, reporting and discussing Domain specific margin at the engagement level
- Suggest margin and metric targets by examining past performance, incorporating inflight engagement and evaluating pipeline
- Challenge assumptions, validate rationale, and identify risks, upsides and opportunities in forecast scenarios
- Month End Close
- Oversee the monthly management engagement performance reporting for the Domains and ensure alignment with the subsidiaries
- Identify significant negative engagement margins and suggest mitigation and reserve options
- Broker and drive discussions that ensures alignment between stakeholders, such as Domain leaders and Field controllers
- Must be comfortable working with all levels of management and be able to critically evaluate and concisely communicate business issues/risks with conviction to business and finance audiences.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in finance, accounting, or business analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or other related areas; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Demonstrated business partner support experience or cross functional support experience with cross group collaboration and interaction with senior management.
- Experience in a finance role within global professional services/consultancy business
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office Apps particularly in Excel
- Candidate must have the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills required with the ability to look beyond the numbers to understand key drivers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop clear and concise presentations.
- This position requires someone who is able to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time, has excellent attention to detail, and works effectively under deadline constraints.
Strong knowledge of finance processes/tools and financial policies and controls.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.