|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Service & Support
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
We are seeking candidates with at least 1 year of experience in technical /product /software support, systems development, application development, devops, network operations, IT admin, IT consulting, or any customer-facing work experience
- We are seeking candidates with at least one year of experience in any of the following technologies:
- Windows System Administration/Virtualization
- Windows scripting or PowerShell
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Security, OS Internals concepts
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Familiarity with system management tools such as SCOM
- Experience with Hyper-V configuration and administration
- Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS
- Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, wire shark, etc.)
- Familiarity with routing and routing protocols such as BGP or OSPF.
- Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies preferred
- Understanding of the OSI model and related concepts
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Routing
- Linux OSS (Preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with one, or more, shell environments (BASH, sh, tcsh, ksh, etc.)
- Experience with Linux script-based development environments and tools (PERL, Python, Ruby, PhP, etc.)
- Experience administering Linux (boot process, file systems, network device and protocol configuration)
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PhP or Python)
- Windows Desktop, 0365, Exchange Online
- Skype for Business/ Sharepoint / Teams
- OCS/Lync/Skype for Business/Teams, Jabber, Exchange, Zoom, or Cisco WebEX
- Windows Server Operating System knowledge which includes understanding of NTFS/Share Permissions, File Sharing, Performance Monitoring, Event logging, Task Manager, Windows Firewall, User and Group Management
- Chef/Puppet, Docker/Container
- core OS services such as: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba, LDAP
- IIS and HTTP protocol
- AP, Json templates
- Storage technologies (cloud and/or on premises)
- RDP protocol
- Service Fabric or Azure Cloud Services
- REST API
- .Net development, IIS
- .NET Framework SDK
- Java API/SDK
- Software development experience with C++ or C#
- Debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger)
- Linux, Mac, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python or Ruby.
- Hadoop, NoSQL , ETL, streaming, Machine Learning or other Big Data/Analytics technology
- Knowledge and experience with the Open Source ecosystem.
- Experience in RDMS such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server Analysis Services, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Service.
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background in any of the above listed technologies related to infrastructure, IaaS, PaaS, Database, Big Data, Application Development. Nevertheless, do not shy away. If you meet some of the technical requirements, and if you have growth mindset and are a strong believer that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence, please apply.
Preferred Education and Technical Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. is preferred but not required
- MCSE + I/ MCSD / MCDBAor any other Linux, AWS, GCP certifications is a plus
- Exposure to working with customers on Microsoft Cloud products or Competitive Cloud Solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.