|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build, market and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of the ASUS Account Team within DPS, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. The worldwide Account Marketing Manager designs and implements a strategic marketing investment plan in partnership with the ASUS account and develops co-marketing campaigns and initiatives to drive shared business objectives and deliver on ASUS Account partner revenue and design metrics. The scope of this position is to maximize the impact of marketing investments across both consumer and commercial segments to support our business goals across Microsoft solution offerings.
- Represent Microsoft as the strategic marketing lead across all levels of ASUS organizations. Articulate and land Microsoft’s short-and long-term marketing strategies and programs, negotiating maximum value for Microsoft while striving for high Customer/Partner satisfaction.
- Land Marketing investments effectively with ASUS and in alignment with Microsoft strategy and solution areas
- Oversee the design and implementation of ASUS marketing plans at the regional and subsidiary level to ensure business impact is maximized in a fully compliant manner. (MNA and Marketing lead create the plans at local level.)
- Develop and land a Regional marketing strategy aligned with region partner Business Decison Makers priorities, and ROI monitoring, in support of the sales strategy.
- Identify and drive regional partner-specific marketing opportunities, understanding WW and regional competitive landscape.
- Work very closely with regional channel executive in aligning strategy and priorities with sales priorities.
- Lead programmatic definition of highly targeted investments and campaigns, working closely with partner to help execute, sharing best practices and successful strategies.
Business Operational Excellence
- Deliver excellence in budget planning and management, owning the rhythm of business checkpoints both internally and externally to ensure shared metrics accountability and proactive course correction as needed.
- Help land and execute key experiential and transactional marketing campaigns with our Partners to drive sales across our product portfolio as well as enable and empower the field execution team with the right amount of strategic guidance and coaching.
- Drive business management excellence in managing all marketing investments.
Cross Group Collaboration
- Working closely with local contacts (marketing managers, channel executives) to manage investments and campaigns
- Become the customer advocate for ASUS within the GPS/DPS division and the Windows Business Group, evangelizing their products, marketing plans, initiatives, and results to cross-organizational stakeholders, as appropriate.
Insights and Analysis
- Identify trends in partner and competitor activity to anticipate long-term needs as well as potential risks in order to propose appropriate creative marketing solutions as needed. Tackle complex marketing challenges and problem solve using solid business rationale.
- Uses advanced data research to find customer and competitive insights that are not self-evident and that inform scenarios and/or marketing strategy.
- Tests insights to validate authenticity, extensibility, and predictability.
Diversity & Inclusion:
- To realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, personally commit to be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft, people and organizational capabilities across sales, marketing, and category, attracting and developing talent.
- Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- 5+ years of senior marketing experience, have an outstanding track record of results
- Channel/partner ecosystem experience required, track record of working closely with partners
- Strategic thinking, ability to define a vision, set goals, objectives, and work across virtual teams and Microsoft organizations to achieve well defined outcomes
- Consumer and commercial channel marketing experience
- Technical Marketing skills, Cloud marketing required
- Digital marketing experience, including data driven analysis
- Strategically focused, anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action, while being able to focus on achieving concrete business results through marketing execution during the fiscal year
- Customer focused, responsive, and action oriented, while maintaining a positive, professional image of Microsoft.
- Passion for Consumer electronic technology and cloud services
- This position requires domestic and international travel, up to 25%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.