|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
We are looking for a seasoned event marketing lead within the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) in a leadership role within our Customer Experience Team.
The Event Experiences Marketing Lead provides strategic direction, oversees, and orchestrates successful local event planning and execution to support Area business priorities and connection to Global Demand Center programs. This role will leverage data to gain insights to maximize business impact of events and drive ongoing portfolio and program optimization. The Events Experiences Lead requires a professional passion for modern marketing techniques and principles along with how to drive demand and earn attention for event experiences, both digital and in person.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and rapid adopter of leading practices, show innovative in experiences and be a courageous leader skilled in both managing a team to execute on global strategy and champion effective marketing integration and marketing operations to drive positive business outcomes. You must enjoy ongoing challenges in our multifaceted, highly matrixed organization and the industry that requires a combination of Modern Marketing Profile, Event Marketing leadership and global programs adoption in your Area for the greater cause-all coming together to deliver the customer experience.
- Discipline Leadership: Help to strategize, develop and organize event experiences: 1: few to Tier 1 and other events. Consults as the SME within the Area/Subsidiary on the contribution that event experiences can make to the Area/Subsidiary’s business goals; advises on the inclusion of event experiences as part of the marketing mix, driving alignment across the entire Subsidiary in respect to this discipline.
- Strategy & Operational Excellence: Develop and manage local event strategy that supports Area business priorities, including process, systems and digital tools to optimize the customer event experience. Drive adoption and usage of the Microsoft Events Framework, leveraging corporate event investments and ensure all local events align to the branding, content, compliance and accessibility standards. Develop local event programs to drive consistency, efficiency and scale. Drive the Area’s transformation from in-person events to digital events in new and innovative ways.
- Resource Management: Drive consistent adoption and usage of the Global Events Digital Platform for all local events. Manages event team resources to execute and deliver on event strategy.
- Metrics & Insights: Drive adoption of the event measurement/evaluation approach to enable more consistent event insights and optimization. Leverages business analytics and relevant metrics to drive business impact; acts as the Area/Subsidiary SME for competitive event activities. Compile learning and share leading practices across teams to help achieve the most effective results.
- Lead a team that builds, manages, and optimizes event experiences to engage and nurture our target customers throughout their relationship journey.
- Ensure strong working relationships across the worldwide teams, US CMO organization, and business groups.
- Identify new and innovative ways to deliver immersive experiences with decision maker and influencer audiences that allow us to connect Microsoft products with our customers.
- Evaluate plans across business priorities and identify opportunities to engage customers while supporting our business objectives through event experiences.
- 8+ years of related event marketing experience, including managing event preparation remotely and significant experience in project managing events.
- Experience in engaging with senior leadership and C-suite.
- Experience in structuring and managing in person and digital events, driving registration, earning and keeping attendee attention, and digital event platforms.
- Business/marketing analytics & digital marketing and social amplification desired. Understanding of marketing automation concepts and software tools to capture contacts/leads and measure commercial impact of investments.
- Experience in people management and managing vendors is required as this position will manage both internal and outsourced event logistics and production vendors to ensure digital event execution is aligned to business objectives and leverages the Modern Events Platform for the Area/Subsidiary.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent work experience required. Business, Marketing or Communications field of study preferred.
It is critical that the candidate exhibits a high-degree of professional objectivity and awareness, executive maturity and presence, strong listening skills, growth mindset, perspective, and a sense of humor. Excellent communication and cross-collaboration skills. Exceptional skill in exerting influence and impact with executives and senior leaders in the company. Highly motivated, results-driven forward thinker who enjoys change management leadership, marketing and sales operations fundamentals. Ideal candidate will learn fast, react in real-time, and move with agility to respond to changing conditions, bringing both marketing and sales teams along on our transformational journey.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.