|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be part of the Digital Workplace engineering team and contribute to the Digital Transformation of Microsoft physical environment. Digital Workplace deals with creating and operating work environments that are comfortable, functional, collaborative and efficient. It enables employees to realize their potential and helps Microsoft achieve greater business results. Microsoft's Digital Workplace team provides global employees with a wide range of services essential for team collaboration and innovation, including Smartbuilding, dining/catering, shuttle/commute, meetings, reception/office upgrades/maintenance, and emergency prep and security. As an indicator to the scale of operations, this team covers 44 million square feet of office space, encompassing 600+ buildings across ~100 countries.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be involved in designing, reviewing, and coding features that enable our Digital workplace for RE&F business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (IoT, Cloud, modern web, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering as a DevOps in a highly automated environment with Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
- Work with a team of software engineers
- Be accountable for results
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Software Services
- Participate in regular code reviews
- Contribute to a DevOps culture establishing top engineering processes/practices
- Energize people by infusing optimism
- Contribute to an inclusive culture within and external to team
- Be part of an effective partnership with business stakeholders and program management
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 5 years' minimum experience in software development, software engineering, or software design
- 5+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services at large enterprise scale
- Experience with Live Site monitoring and operating in DevOps environment.
- Experience in handling senior business stakeholders for critical programs
- Proven track record of building enterprise scale services on cloud platform
- Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master)
- 5+ years of full-stack development software development experience
- 5+ years of C# (or equivalent) experience with the ability to contribute to technical architecture across web/mobile, middle tier, and data components
- 5+ years of experience designing secure, scalable and cost-efficient PaaS services on the Microsoft Azure platform or equivalent cloud platform
- Experience in building mobile applications for iOS and/or Android platform using React Native, Android Studio, Swift, Objective C is a great plus
- Experience with microservices and serverless architectures
- Experience with Azure IoT suite, edge processing and IoT device management is a plus
- Passion for innovation and a vision for how technology can add ambient intelligence to the workplace.
- Experience shaping a DevOps culture with a vision for building and nurturing an innovative culture while maintaining a Live Site focus.
- Capability to work independently on the most complex code contributions of a feature.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a team environment, with experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.