|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With vast majority of Fortune 500 business on Azure and millions using Office 365 and other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
The Critical Infrastructure Security, Safety, and Governance (CISSG) organization is situated within CO+I, and is led by a General Manager who is accountable for several practice areas, including operational assurance, compliance, risk management, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), and Physical Security.
CISSG is recruiting a leader for the Datacenter Physical Security Center of Excellence (CoE).
The CO+I global datacenter physical security program is dedicated to delivering the most trustworthy and efficient physical security services to protect the personnel, infrastructure, data, and confidential information foundational to the Microsoft Cloud. Our datacenter physical security team strives to be “the most reliable, meticulous, and trusted industry provider of hyperscale cloud physical security.” Accountable, effective, and efficient stewards of the awesome responsibility we hold. Innovating to meet challenges. Automating and simplifying to scale efficiently. Creating, maintain, and improving upon a collaborative ecosystem.
The CO+I global datacenter physical security program is organized into three regions: Americas; Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA); and Asia-Pacific (APAC); and the Security Center of Excellence (CoE). While all goals and interests are at the end of the day, accrued and shared, the regional teams are primarily responsible for local execution, implementation, and improvement, while the Center of Excellence is primarily responsible for global and programmatic governance, standardization, innovation, consultation.
The Security CoEis currently organized into these functional areas: Data Bearing Device (DBD) physical security, high risk & CO+I travel security, security standards & controls, security technical excellence, strategic security projects, and security services & special programs.
This role reports to the General Manager of CISSG and is based in Redmond, Washington, USA. The leader we seek should have significant experience as a leader of managers and leading multi-disciplinary teams that are accountable for physical security, physical security of US Government facilities, line of business financial management, line of business planning, line of business project management, and line of business consulting. This individual must be a thought leader, team player with strong communication and relationship management skills, diverse and inclusive leadership beliefs, and the ability to effectively manage and develop people along with a significant workload across geographic, functional, and organizational boundaries.
- Ownership and management of a very large physical security capital and operating expense budget (undisclosed publicly).
- Defining guiding principles (what has to be done) for the entire CO+I physical security organization.
- Defining specifications, standards, and procedures (how it is to be done) for the entire CO+I physical security organization.
- Leading the consulting practice of subject matter experts for the entire CO+I physical security organization.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and maturity of the overall physical security program through traditional methods as well as innovation and technology strategies.
- Lead complex financial discussions and planning cycles blending people, process, and technology.
- Lead security supplier oversight and efficiency management efforts for a very large supplier program.
- Oversee, govern, and consult on CO+I’s global sovereign government datacenter security programs that are regionally operated, to ensure absolute compliance and standardization.
- Maintain confidentiality, discretion, and protect Microsoft information without question.
- Oversee assigned projects to ensure they are delivered in accordance with established requirements, deadlines, and applicable employment law and company policy.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent; deliver results through teamwork; model, coach, and care for our Microsoft values with a passion for diversity and inclusion.
- Developing metrics, data, content, and presenting same to peers, senior leaders, and executives.
- Collaborating and partnering with others in a OneMicrosoft, growth mindset manner, to achieved shared goals even in competitive scenarios.
- 10+ years’ experience successfully leading large scale multi-disciplinaryphysical security teams and/or programs.
- U.S. Citizenship (required to meet US government security requirements)
- Planning, financial management and business leadership skills
- College degree (Bachelor or higher) related to physical security engineering, business/finance, or functional security management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products for business.
- Ability to be on call 24x7x365 and travel globally, as needed
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.