|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Xbox Hardware team consists of progressive, diverse, and exceptionally creative professionals who design, test and manufacture some of the best-loved entertainment devices in the world. Our team ships tens of millions of hardware products every year including the Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox Series X, a full accessories lineup, and more. Microsoft is the destination for the brightest minds in entertainment device design. We are currently building the next generation and Xbox needs you!
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who is charged-up by collaborating in dynamic team environment through fast-paced product development cycles. A strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals and leadership skills allow you to be highly effective while tackling technical and organizational challenges.
It is desirable for your work experience to include Mechanical Engineering or related Internship/Co-op. You are knowledgeable of the material properties of various plastic resins and metals. You have knowledge of tolerance analysis and it is desirable for you to have CAD design experience. The ability to read and understand specifications and written test plans is integral to the position.
Your excellent communication skills allow you to work seamlessly with teams across various engineering functions and geographies. As such, you are willing to travel internationally at times to support design and manufacturing activities.
- Define and Coordinate internal and external ME test activities.
- Work across disciplines to design, test and debug complex hardware technologies for product development, to meet aggressive cost and schedule goals.
- Development and documentation of system requirements by working with team members to evaluate different options for functionality, cost and risk.
- Track Tooling and Manufacturing process maturity for Mechanical components
- Coordinate ME prototyping with internal and external fabrication shops.
- Design, build, and demonstrate prototype test vehicles.
- Must be able to plan work and work to a plan, adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Create and maintain specifications to be used internally and externally.
- B.S. Mechanical engineering, M.S. or PhD in related engineering discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical tolerance analysis and Designed Experiment Techniques.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping methods and materials.
- Know-how with a common engineering CAD package (ProE CREO and Windchill a plus).
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.