|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about industry defining devices and technologies? Do you want to help build Microsoft’s device portfolio? The Surface Product Planning team guides the organization through important business decisions, frames product portfolio choices, and drives upfront product definition. We are a team that is built on thinking holistically and cross-functionally about a problem, synthesizing disparate data into actionable recommendations, and influencing senior leaders.
We are looking for a driven individual who wants to have a significant impact on the Devices roadmap. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to influence the product and business strategy via customer insights, competitive analysis, industry analysis, and ultimately synthesizing recommendations to influence technical and business leadership teams. The ideal candidate will collaborate closely with engineering, manufacturing, marketing, finance and the Devices leadership team to define the vision and business strategy for a core Surface product line.
- Analysis of market opportunities for products
- Strategy point of view, competitive & market analysis, and customer value proposition to support key business and engineering development milestones
- Preliminary business plan to guide product decisions
- Multi-year product roadmaps
- Driving key cross-functional initiatives
- Eight or more years of experience in consumer technology, program management, product planning, and/or product management
- Track record of deep empathy for customers, and ability to employ a hypotheses-driven approach to tackle complex problems
- Able to thrive in ambiguous situations, driving clarity and focus, setting priorities, and converting ideas into action
- Creative strategic thinker who can identify new product and business opportunities and develop actionable plans to take advantage of those opportunities
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in customer, hardware & software technology, competitive, and financial analysis
- Outstanding track record of driving high-impact results in a matrixed environment, working collaboratively across boundaries and influencing leaders in other teams
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive schedules
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS degree required, MBA is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.