|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.That’swhat inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Security is a top priority forMicrosoftbecauseit is a top concern for our customers.Microsoft’s Security and Compliance team has invested deeply to build strong 1st party security capabilities acrossMicrosoft365.
The fight against cybercrime requires defenders to be adaptive and responsive to the rapidly evolving threat landscape. To protect our customers from an adaptive adversary and help them manage complexity in the cyber operation,we in turn need to innovate.Our security analystsprovide the foundation ofour innovationcycle, building immediate detections and mitigations, understanding the full breadth of impact experienced by our customers, and driving novel and durable product detections.
WeareseekingaSenior SPAM Analystto join our research team. We power protectionof tens of millions of users acrossproducts likeOffice365, Outlook,MicrosoftThreat Protection, Mobile Threat Detection, Edge, and more. In this role, you would be responsible torespond tocustomer escalations, proactively investigate and mitigate the latest phishing and social engineering threats, andwork witha diverse team ofdata scientists, security researchers, applied researchers,engineers,and internal & external partners toempower our customerstocommunicate & browse with confidence and trust.
- Authoring, adjusting, and innovating on heuristic and regex-based rules to react to immediate changes in attacker behaviorsfor email related phishing and social engineeringthreats.
- Fully uncovering and documenting attacker campaigns to drive broad product protections.
- Trackingadversary activities to develop attacker tradecraft and support durable detection innovations.
- Respond to critical customer escalations to resolve detection effectiveness issues and engage with relevant partner teams to drive great customer experiences.
- Work with, and guide, grading teams to correctly identify and labelemailmessagesand URL landing pages.
- Innovating on operating processesto gain efficiencies and improved customer protections.
- Makinggood, timely and practical decisions with uncertainty on a consistent basis.
- 5+ years of experience as an analyst in the email security domain.
- 5+ years of coding experience (Regex, SQL, python, C#)
- 1+ years of experience driving projects or processes for operational teams.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Familiar with email headers, email authentication protocols, and related analysis tools.
- Experience authoring and interacting with big data solutions to pull and analyze data.
- Experience responding to customer escalations and reporting investigative findings.
- Experience evaluating web pages for security threats.
- Experience working through ambiguity to drive innovations in detections and internal team processes.
- Solid understanding of attacker tradecraft associated with email and web-based threats.
- Broad, general, familiarity with the threat landscape affecting enterprise customers.
- Familiarity with automated report building and business intelligence solutions (like PowerBI) is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.