|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters, managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure, and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure.
Cloud Infrastructure Sourcing and Acquisition (CISA) is part of Cloud Operations & Innovation and responsible Global Acquisitions of land. This role team is also responsible for real estate negotiations with respect to land acquisition agreements and the program management, negotiation, and acquisition land.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Own and drive strategic projects which include the structuring and acquisition of Real Estate Assets.
- Manage acquisition process and project delivery strategy and long-term road maps for multiple assignments.
- Work with a team of existing professionals and multiple vendors to drive real estate acquisitions that support Microsoft Cloud transformation.
- Consult, motivate and negotiate effectively with client groups, co-workers, employees, vendors, contractors to take desired action.
- Provide input to long-term delivery strategy and incorporate requirements into the project execution plans.
- Successful partnering with Azure and the Sales Orgs to complete the deals.
- Partner with Finance, Networking, Capacity Planning, Datacenter Operations, and Sourcing teams. Coordination with global programs stakeholders and datacenter teams to capture new business requirements
- Lead cross functional teams to evaluate, select, negotiate, and recommend acquisitions for approval
- This position may require periodic travel.
- 10+ years of real estate transaction experience, specifically in land, industrial, or datacenter
- Principal responsibility in closing transactions
- Active Real Estate License
- Experience "in-house" as owner's representative in Real Estate Transactions
- Knowledge of datacenter design and operation
- Experience with original/creative deal structure
- Extensive experience with Land Acquisitions- Industrial or Datacenters
- Knowledge of Utility Agreements and or real estate taxation is also a plus
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Good organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Experience successfully managing in a matrixed organization
- Quick learner, adapt to change
- Mastery in Office tools, including outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements as required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.