|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Intune, one of the fastest growing cloud-based enterprise services at Microsoft, allows IT professionals to manage the ever-increasing usage of mobile devices in the workplace, allowing them to secure corporate assets & data while giving users confidence that their personal data stays private. Businesses, governments, and educational institutions are under constant threat from a variety of actors attacking users in record numbers. We protect Microsoft’s customers and their devices across the world, and secure their devices from corporate espionage, data leakage, and application infiltration. Intune is a multi-platform solution (Windows, iOS, and Android), integrates with key cloud services at Microsoft, and is built on some of the latest Azure technologies.
We’re looking for an engineering leader to join the team to drive engineering excellence for the nearly 500 engineers behind Microsoft Intune. You’ll lead a team of 8-10 highly talented engineers to deliver new features to delight developers building services, UX, Android and iOS client-side apps, and more. If you’re passionate about making your day-to-day development experience as efficient and easy as possible, adopting the latest and greatest technologies in engineering systems; if you can coach and mentor a team of engineers, help them learn and grow, foster in them a culture of inclusion, and lead them to delivering great improvements for a large dev team then this might be the job for you! Your opportunity for impact on a key Microsoft cloud service is huge.
- Bring clarity, create energy, and drive results. You’ll set a vision, rally the team behind it, and deliver for our customers.
- Demonstrate the Microsoft manager attributes of model, coach, and care with the engineers on your team to help them learn, grow, and succeed.
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations.
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader.
- BA, BS, or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results. It’s preferred that this is as a direct manager, but we also want to talk to those that have led as a recognized technical lead.
- 10+ years of industry software engineering experience, including delivering highly available cloud-based services.
- Strong collaboration skills. You can explain your work, ask great questions, listen to your peers and customers, and like to give and receive feedback.
- High engineering standards. You understand that it’s not enough to write working code. It must also be well-designed, secure, easy to test, easy to monitor in the cloud, and easy to add to over time.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements that are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.