|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Azure Cloud solutions and services. To this end, the Customer Success Unit Apps & Infra Technical Strategy team is investing in technical leaders to help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to drive Azure Application Development and Hybrid Solutions for the Customer Success organization. The Senior Program Manager will function as this Technical Lead, responsible for developing and landing the technical architecture & solutions working with an ecosystem of Cloud Solution Architects (CSA), Partner and Customers.
If you thrive on being part of a dynamic and strategic business, have a deep technical background in public cloud technologies and a passion for developing technical architectures, strategies and leading execution of technical Worldwide (WW) community programs, we would like to hear from you.
Develop technical architecture, strategy and define the worldwide execution plan:
- Lead development of WW Apps & Infra technical strategy, solutions, and architectures in close collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Define end-to-end programs for execution of the technical strategy, in close collaboration with Customer Success Azure Business Architects and key WW stakeholders, with the end goal of enhancing CSA and CSA Manager technical capabilities
- Develop the long-term vision for driving technical community and readiness events leading to continued collaboration of Customer Success field communities
Identify internal and external technical capability influencers:
- Understand market demand and customer cloud solution landscape, including common application portfolios, and IT and business priorities
- Understand current technical capabilities of the WW Customer Success Apps & Infra communities and opportunities for enhancement
Lead end-to-end execution and feedback to Azure Product Engineering:
- Lead execution of WW technical community and readiness activities within Customer Success
- Present Azure Apps & Infra solutions and architectures across multiple channels such as (but not limited to) Microsoft Ready, Ignite, Azure bootcamps, OpenHacks, facilitating in-person and virtual presentations
- Identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement while working with worldwide strategic customers, CSAs, partners etc. Work closely with Azure Apps and Infra product teams to incorporate feedback into future release planning
- 5+ years working with large Enterprise customers as a consultant leading projects, architecture, design, implementation OR development/program management experience as part of product engineering team
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with public cloud, architecture designs, migration, and technology management
- Deep domain expertise of cloud application development (e.g. container orchestration, PaaS, Serverless technology, API Management, Citizen Developer, SDKs) and/or hybrid cloud (e.g. hybrid architecture and management, edge computing)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application solution deployments in enterprise-wide environments
- Program Management: Excellent skills in all aspects complex program management at a global scale, including cross-project planning and resource orchestration, as well as the ability to consistently identify and drive program enhancements
Leadership and Strategy
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute cross-org and drive for results in ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to adapt quickly in rapidly evolving business situations
Collaboration and Communication
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to reach consensus on solutions/projects
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with exceptional verbal and written communication
Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and with different levels of an organization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.