|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about securing the foundation of Azure? Does the idea of engineering durable security solutions for the lowest layers of Azure excite you? Our team is responsible for detecting, protecting, and responding to threats that affect Microsoft’s products and services. We are looking for a motivated Security Software Architect/Engineer to join our team.
Our team works collaboratively with engineering teams in Azure and across Microsoft to research, develop, and deploy security features that mitigate the biggest threats to our customers. In this role, you will be part of an inclusive team of motivated security software architects and engineers who are helping to architect secure cloud services, developing mitigations, performing security research, and learning from new threats as they are discovered. This is a unique opportunity to fundamentally improve the security of Azure and all of the services that are built on top of it.
Candidates should have experience and expertise with software engineering and security related to systems software, a deep understanding of operating systems and cloud service architectures, and a strong desire to keep Microsoft’s customers safe.
- Lead and participate in efforts to further improve the security architecture of Azure’s foundational services and infrastructure
- Research, design, develop, and deploy new mitigations and defenses in collaboration with other teams
- Identify vulnerabilities and architectural weaknesses in the design and implementation of systems software and services
- Monitor the threat landscape and analyze emerging threats to understand the risk that they pose to customers
- Define and champion process improvements that help engineers create safer software and services
- Engage with and contribute knowledge back to the security research community
- Mentor and help grow individuals within the team and across Microsoft
- Have you been the primary architect or engineer for numerous large-scale product or service features involving multiple stakeholder groups?
- Can you provide at least three examples of security features or products that you have shipped which have had a measurably high impact on reducing risk?
- Can you provide at least three examples where you played a primary role in engineering efforts that spanned beyond your immediate employer?
- Do you have experience leading conversations with executive audiences as well as mentoring more junior engineers?
- Experience with managing large projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Linux kernel, Windows kernel, Windows kernel driver, and/or hypervisor development
- Experience with Azure services such as Compute, Networking, Storage, Azure Resource Manager, and Azure Active Directory (or other equivalent public cloud services)
- Experience with writing software using the Rust programming language
- Familiarity with common classes of software vulnerabilities and how they can be exploited
- Familiarity with technologies such as Linux containers, Hyper-V containers, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Familiarity with hardware architectures such as x86-64
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.