|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on world class Identity platform that powers over 1 million apps?
The Azure Identity Division is out to revolutionize application development. In our cloud-first, mobile-first world, almost everything about application architecture has changed. Identity is the new common denominator: it is the thread that ties users, applications, data, and organizations together. We have a big vision, and we’re looking for like-minded engineers who are passionate about delivering value to developers, enjoy a growth hacking environment, and are eager to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Microsoft.
Our team develops Authentication and Auth Broker client libraries across all popular platforms. Microsoft apps like Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel, Teams, Authenticator etc. and thousands of 3rd party applications use these libraries for SSO and easy and secure access to resources in the cloud.
This position offers an opportunity to do highly visible work that deeply impacts Microsoft core businesses and requires collaboration with open source and open standards communities. You will have opportunity to learn about authentication protocols and standards, cross-platform development, API design, telemetry and customer focus. We need someone who is hands-on, detail-oriented, and obsessed with building a world-class developer experience.
- Design, develop, test, instrument, and maintain client Authentication and Auth Broker SDKs.
- Implement protocol changes that help provide best in class Auth and SSO experience.
- Leverage Telemetry to understand Auth experiences at customer's end and use it proactively to catch issues and bring improvements into future versions.
- Collaborate with other Microsoft teams to provide seamless auth experience and solve complex scenarios.
- Provide documentation and support for partner teams and 3rd party developers using authentication libraries.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- 1.5+ years of professional experience developing client software on one or more of the following platforms: Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages (Objective C, Swift, Java, C#, C++)
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in computer science or related areas.
- Experience designing and developing on Android/Apple platform
- Experience with Identity and protocols.
- API design experience.
- Open source development experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.