|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to help make Xbox Game Pass the greatest customer subscription in the world? Are you passionate about building businesses and products, driving discovery of great games, and helping Microsoft reach the more than 2B+ gamers with our gaming subscriptions?
The Game Pass Content Planning team is one of the most exciting opportunities in gaming, tech and entertainment. We’re responsible for shaping and placing bets on the great games and experiences that make up Xbox Game Pass, and helping shape the short and long term strategy for Game Pass.
We are seeking a Senior Business Planner who will play a key role in ensuring our content investments in first and third party games help us achieve our business goals and generate value for our partners in the process. To do so, you will work closely with partners across our 3rd party business development, Xbox Game Studios, engineering, operations, and marketing teams to assess and prioritize content needs and drive execution of content launches across all Game Pass platforms, including Xbox, PC, and cloud gaming.
This job offers a unique blend of execution, strategy and leadership opportunities. With a catalog of hundreds of titles and new titles launching weekly, this role is highly visible and provides opportunity to drive significant impact on a marquee service in a fast-changing category. It requires the ability to execute and make quick calls while understanding the customer, strategic and financial impact of those choices to ensure the best decision. In short, it’s an incredible chance to build general management acumen and develop end-to-end business leadership skills.
This role is ideal for someone who loves a fast-paced, ambiguous environment where every day offers a range of new challenges. You’ll enjoy solving complex problems, developing decision frameworks to drive clarity, and working effectively with cross-functional teams in an environment that is constantly evolving. A clear track record of program management and using quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive decisions are a must.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Complex program management: guide cross-org v-teams with multiple stakeholders to deliver content needed to drive business goals, with the ability to anticipate and address likely challenges
- Data-driven decision making: assess and prioritize content needs in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; evaluate trade-offs and drive to actionable outcomes, informed by quantitative and qualitative data
- Process innovation: build a world-class process for managing a high-volume content pipeline and driving readiness across multiple fronts, including partner management, technical readiness, and marketing execution
- Cross group collaboration & partnership: ability to influence the prioritization of key content investments and drive buy-in across multiple constituencies, including senior leaders across orgs
- Proven experience in cross-org program management and execution of large-scale initiatives, with ability to successfully navigate roadblocks and challenges
- Track record of navigating ambiguity to drive outcomes and clarity by leveraging structured frameworks and quantitative and qualitative insights
- Experience with building robust and scalable processes; a willingness to challenge the status quo & drive creative and unique solutions
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background.
- 5+ years in a program management, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate strategy, marketing, finance or product planning experience in technology sectors.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills, including a track record of leading discussions with senior leaders to actionable decisions
- Experience with data management and systems is a plus (e.g., advanced Excel, Power BI, SQL)
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment with rapidly changing requirements
- A deep passion for learning about entertainment/gaming and subscriptions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.