|Job Type:||Full Time|
Surface Hub was pioneered as the leading all-in-one large screen, touch/ink platform for ideation and collaboration, defining a new category of devices. As we look to evolve our product line and portfolio, we continue to focus on an ambition to bring forth amazing and creative solutions that empower Surface Hub users worldwide, with a common goal to engage and delight our customers and partners.
As a talented Program Manager, now is the perfect time for you to move into a pivotal role to bring the next generation of Surface Hub experiences to market. The Surface Hub team is relentlessly working on building incredible devices that give life to modern experiences customers want and can get excited about. Working on new devices and product experiences requires planning and implementation of end-to-end solutions in close partnership with company-wide internal teams and disciplines, including hardware and software engineering, quality assurance, designers, user experience, platform and apps teams, and product sales/marketing. There is also the opportunity to engage with external partners and customers, as we strive to deliver the best experiences on the Surface hub platform, which delight our end-users and help change the way the world collaborates. This is a role with a high degree of dynamism and challenge, critical to our business and the company.
As we are living in a connected world, the ideal candidate has knowledge about connected devices and dynamics in the market. As an engineering-focused Program Manager, you will be directly responsible for leading the definition and development of key experiences for in-market and future Surface Hub devices entirely from concepting through shipping. In this role, you are working closely with the key contributing teams from not just Surface, but across all of Microsoft to craft, influence, and deliver a high-quality product experience with regular interaction with our senior leadership. The role requires a solid understanding and knowledge of software and hardware program management and having the capability to define and execute end-to-end experiences is essential in this job. This role is both internal and external, spanning technical and business skillsets to deliver a high-quality product.
- Overall accountability of experiences including SW (focus) and HW, defining the plan and priorities, writing functional specs and end-to-end scenario plans
- Engage with partner engineering teams across Microsoft to drive alignment on dependencies to implement on planned scenarios
- Manage the priority feature backlog (scenarios and priority of deliverables) for your areas
Organize, present, and evangelize the experience area across engineering, business, and senior management
- Participate in reviewing and contributing to UX and architecture
- Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly
- Develop and protect intellectual property
- Provide regular input on implementation decisions where they impact the experience and regularly participate and provide insight into product quality assurance
- Seven or more years of experience in program management or other engineering discipline defining, driving, and shipping products and/or SW through multiple ship cycles
- Five or more years of experience working in software or hardware (preferably for electronic devices)
- Held responsibility for the creation of functional specifications, project schedules, and building plans to deliver
- Expressed passion for technology and innovation with strong empathy to understand customer needs and problems
- Enthusiastic with a demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, excellent problem solver, high attention to detail, results-oriented, organized, and motivated
- Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills
- Solid critical thinking and questioning skills
- Outstanding track record of accomplishing results in a matrixed environment, working collaboratively across boundaries, and influencing other teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must, with an ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels of the organization and inspire teams/individuals to do their best work
- A high degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps rather than relying on others
- Experience with hardware design is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields is preferred), and a master’s degree is a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize workloads
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.