|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Technology Centers (MTC) are collaborative environments that provide the place, experience and expertise to help organizations achieve their digital transformation ambitions by leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. We live Microsoft’s mission to “empower every person and every organization on the plant to achieve more.”
Microsoft is hiring an MTC Director for Minneapolis. The MTC Director is a customer and technical leader at the forefront of our customers’ digital transformation. The mission of the MTCs is to drive an extraordinary customer experience. The MTC Director manages a state-of-the-art facility and customer experiences where we take on customers’ most challenging and complex scenarios – business and technical – to help them achieve transformational business outcomes.
You will lead an elite technology team with extraordinary consultative skills and experience. Core to the role is managing Microsoft, Partner and strategic relationships to enable scale and consistency. You will work on complex projects for top companies—from start-ups to our largest global partners. You will move seamlessly between on-premises, cloud, hybrid, and mobile solutions. You will be a strategic leader for the Microsoft Minneapolis sales and partner ecosystem and help set the direction for how we articulate Microsoft’s vision and differentiate from our competition.
- Be obsessed about the customer and partner experience at the MTC. Experience is more than extraordinary execution; It’s about rallying a team around a proven process that enables results for the customer.
- Lead and grow an extraordinary team of Technical Architects where a culture of feedback enables a learning environment to keep pace with innovation.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain MTC staff. Build collaboration and create an environment that values diversity, respect, and open communication.
- Grow revenue, consumption, and expand the footprint in strategic targeted accounts through the execution of sales and marketing programs.
- Own relationships with senior Microsoft sales, marketing, and partner leadership across all segments in the MTC’s geography.
- Perform as overall leader responsible for the MTC facility and operations, team, reporting, expenses, and budgeting. Be the single point-of-contact for MTC performance and status reporting within the geography.
- Develop strategic relationships with customers, Account Managers, Technical Specialists, Solution Specialists, Services and other key Microsoft teams across the geography’s accounts. Position the MTC’s offerings to our internal and external customers and work collaboratively to determine the best combination/course of action for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit.
- Build constructive relationships with peers in the US and WW MTC community. Share learnings with others in the MTC community, field, partners, and corporate.
- Maintain technical competence across Azure, Microsoft 365, and Business Applications.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise technology related sales, consulting, or senior IT leader.
- 7+ years of enterprise customer experience in technical presale and sales including the following: technical innovation with on-premise, cloud, hybrid, and mobile solutions, technical requirements discovery, envisioning workshop, strategy, technical close plans, or related.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in leading high performing customer facing technical teams to drive impact and influence sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, and ability to effectively execute strategic plans
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and writing skills
- 6+ years’ enterprise experience with consultative or solution selling processes
- People management/leadership experience is highly desired
- Demonstrates commitment to customer and partner satisfaction, including internal customers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Ability and passion necessary to develop and maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.