|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for blazing new approaches that solve the most challenging customer scenarios and translating these approaches into scalable and reusable solutions through our field Cloud Solution Architects (CSA)? Do you enjoy working with field teams and customers, and see a long-term vision to help drive execution strategy to enable our CSAs to unblock our customers? Do you have a record of accomplishments employing strong business and organizational skills, orchestrating across teams to deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions on time? Are you a growth minded leader who provides clarity, inspires change, and creates energy across a broad base of teams, groups, customers, and communities? If so, this role might be ideal for you and we want to talk to you.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Program Manager to develop, deliver and execute consumption strategy for Azure Infrastructure which helps our customers build and deliver secure, resilient, and high performing solutions. This is a strategic, field facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end strategy, landing and readiness for which is implemented by the field Cloud Solution Architects and Managers.
As a Principal Program Manager, you will partner closely with Field, Azure Solutions Business, Specialists, Customer Engineers, Customer Success Account Managers, other stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group (Engineering), Business Group (BG), One Commercial Partner team (Partner), Finance, our Enterprise business units to shape & execute azure infrastructure consumption strategy. As the Consumption Architect you will have:
- Executive Presence & Business Acumen – Executive presence to build confidence and trust with corporate and field partners and drive field and engineering relationships across Microsoft to ensure we are focused on unblocking customers as they onboard to Azure.
- Consumption Strategy development and execution: Leverage Microsoft platform and competitive industry knowledge to partner with multiple Corporate, Engineering and Field stakeholders to devise our strategic roadmaps and evolve our customer offerings and consumption plays to our field CSU Community ( CSA, CE and CSAM).
- Customer Success & Consumption Leadership: Manage and deliver Infrastructure Consumption plays and accelerate Azure consumed revenue for Apps and Infrastructure workloads. Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize consumption synergy via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
- Community Advocacy & Change Management: Lead & deliver Infrastructure consumption plays to App & Infra community, as the lead consumption architect, strategist, & SME defining consumption playbook handling value propositions & objections. Develop strategies and landing models to effectively scale existing and introduce new program concepts across Azure Enterprise customer segments and Partner/Channel communities.
- Field Readiness & Immersion: Ensure successful rollouts across the world to help land Customer Success initiatives/readiness plans. Includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, executive meetings, field readiness events, etc. Teach & coach WW Customer Success Managers and Architects in Apps & Infra teams to ensure quality and performance is elevated and optimized. Service as voice of field, customer, & partner by establishing field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
- Closed Feedback Loop: Facilitate and deliver closed feedback loop with key executive sponsors, field leadership, and cross-organizational partners including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW Customer Success, OCP and Services.
- Operational Excellence: Run the monthly/quarterly ROB and SCRUM. Gather and report customer patterns & insights to the Customer Success Unit (CSU) Lead and Corporate Team.
Technical / Role Depth
- Expert knowledge of trends & complications of core Azure Infrastructure, especially as it relates to how our customers adopt these technologies and evolve towards more Resilient & Optimized Infrastructure.
- Domain knowledge of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra)
- Fundamental knowledge cloud economics, Cloud Adoption Frameworks and basic concepts for Cost Optimization, Reliability, Security, Operations, and Performance.
- Experience in migration or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- Exposure and experience in designing and implementing cloud best practices (e.g. deployment, architecting, provisioning, devops and optimization.)
- Deep experience in managing and deploying programmatic strategies to the field. You will own the end to end planning & strategy for the Well-Architected and Cloud Adoption Framework enablement for the CSA.
- Go-Getter who is an influential leader with the ability to get things done. You will be able to separate what's important from what's urgent and find the path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust and thrive on ambiguity to deliver business outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presentations and demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Running the business: Weekly Scrum and overall business insights. You need to love spreadsheets and PBI as you will own the insights based on data.
- Validate and adjust strategy leveraging key Microsoft milestones (L1, SLT reviews, etc.), Act as v-team lead for critical Azure well-Architected consumption strategies/blockers.
- 5+ years of experience in cloud implementations, mass migrations, cloud infrastructure technologies and architecture.
- 8+ years of experience in sales or consulting in the enterprise segment, working directly with large customers.
- 5+ years of Program, Project, or Product Management.
- Experience of designing, building, and executing highly successful global programs and strategy at scale.
- Hands-on use of Azure Services or AWS/GCP in distributed environments.
- Be familiar with corporate enabling teams, field constructs and roles.Strong exec communications and presence. Know how and when to summarize and escalate issues.
- Self-directed, team player: if I don’t know how to get something done, I’ll find someone at Microsoft that does.
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate, and influencer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MS / MBA preferred.
- Moderate travel required.
Work location: Preferred location - Redmond, WA, Other US locations welcome
WCB-CSU embraces diversity and teaming is a must. We enjoy great challenges, cross company collaboration and seeing our CSA community and customers succeed. We have a start-up and challenger mind-set and are deeply passionate about our customers and our architectural standards. Our team philosophy is open and frank conversations, and everyone is empowered to make the best decisions they can. We are also a lot of fun!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.