|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Portfolio and Solutions team are looking for a leader to help us develop our partner and solutions portfolio of Hybrid Cloud and Edge AI solutions to grow new scale businesses within the hardware ecosystem at Microsoft. As part of Microsoft’s Device Partner Sales team, the Portfolio & Solutions (P&S) team is central to delivering on Microsoft’s vision for enabling digital transformation with an Intelligent Edge and Intelligent Cloud. This team is responsible for accelerating the portfolio, business model, and product strategy for partner edge devices and solutions that drives business growth and enables revenue, share and usage for Microsoft and our partners. We’re agile, we innovate and focus on growth in our products, capabilities, and programs with our partners. The Portfolio Lead – Heavy Edge will lead our group’s efforts to drive the right portfolio strategy, partnerships, devices and solutions to enable us to win customers, compete in the market place and expand into new solution scenarios in the Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) and Edge AI spaces.
This role offers the unique opportunity to develop a global portfolio strategy, and then implement that strategy with a focused business development team, in partnership with our sales leaders globally. Key duties include:
- Deliver a portfolio of solutions in partnership with internal teams that drive consumption and revenue – focusing on new devices/configurations (Azure Stack HCI Servers, Azure IoT Gateways, Cognitive Service endpoints, like cameras and microphone arrays) optimized for Azure services
- Drive pipeline of incubation opportunities leveraging this portfolio with Microsoft and partner sales teams to land deals that generate demand for these solutions
This leader will manage a cross disciplinary virtual team focused on portfolio management and partner business development for new “heavy edge” solutions within DPS. The leader will be able to function at a strategic level, understanding the technology and product offerings, market dynamics, ecosystem players, and routes to market. Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and the ability to create data-driven, actionable strategies at a global level. This leader will also possess the ability to secure executive sponsorship and resourcing for new device incubation initiatives, while landing innovation initiatives with top accounts to deepen their commitment to Microsoft, increase revenue attainment, and set stage for scaling innovation across the DPS sales force. Strong partnership with our sales and technical design teams is also a requirement, ensuring that we create sustainable new opportunities that can be taken forward by our global engines.
Specific role duties include:
- Identifying competitive opportunities in the Hyperconverged and Edge AI market and architecting “building block” solutions that bundle pre-configured HW and Services
- Ensuring alignment with internal product roadmaps, strategizing aligned solution plans and selecting partners that will co-invest and execute these plans
- Working across engineering, business development and sales to land accretive solution Lighthouse deals/design wins on Azure and Windows
- Developing deep relationships within the ecosystem (consultancies, large technology providers and innovative startups)
- Effectively liaising with Business Development and Account teams, to develop innovative new partnership opportunities in the space
- Identifying and aligning partners/partner capability to incubation and scale strategies for new scenarios and verticals
- Provide feedback to corporate teams on BOM, ROI, services and partner engagement models.
- Identifying a differentiated partner portfolio and industry solutions that represent continuous innovation
- Partnering with Account teams, Sales and Marketing Leads and Industry teams to land the business value of Microsoft priorities and technology portfolio at EBCs, key events, and executive client touch points strengthening Microsoft’s role as a trusted advisor.
- Achievement of key KPIs and targets (Design Wins, New Deals, Portfolio Advocacy)
- At least 5 years of experience in a combination of business development management consulting, engineering, tech sales and/or product management roles
- Master communicator with superb ability to translate technology solutions into business outcomes with high ROI for Microsoft and
- Deep incubation and innovation industry expertise to enable translation of technical solutions into growth engines
- Deep understanding of the industry competitive landscape and be able to translate Microsoft’s value proposition to drive global compete strategies for Hyperconverged infrastructure and AI at the edge
- Understanding and experience with the application of cloud-based technologies and how they drive intelligent edge solutions
- Experienced in solution selling methodologies and pipeline management
- Track record of driving business/product performance through influencing for impact and supporting strong cross-group and cross-cultural collaboration.
- Proven ability to work across functions and provide leadership in challenging situations.
- Ability to foresee future trends and a sixth sense for finding partners who can capitalize on them
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order and leading teams towards achieving a common goal
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines
- Able to represent Microsoft at Key Industry events as a credible subject matter expert
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.